Saturday, July 15, 2006

I Like Other Big Things Too

Just got my box of CGC Signature Series books. Took awhile to get ‘em in from Canada, but it was worth the wait. On top of a 9.6 Sleeper #1 and a 9.6 Sleeper Season Two #1 signed by Ed Brubaker, I also got the beauty shown at left: A 9.6 Shanna, The She-Devil #1 signed by Frank Cho (signature is cut off a bit on the scan). I already have a 9.8 copy of the book, but I couldn’t turn down a signed copy. I mean, it’s Frank Cho. It’s minty fresh. And it’s a scantily clad Shanna with a spear. I mean, who’d turn that down?

Anyway, all three will be displayed on the top of my bookcase for a few days before making their inevitable journey into a box in the closet. Hate to hide these pretties, but I don’t want the light to hurt 'em. While they may be put away soon, you can rest assured that they’ll be brought out anytime I have company who’s even remotely interested in comics. Or art. Or girls.

A special thanks goes out to Tim Lo for hooking me up with these at a great price. I think he might’ve created a monster, though. Now that I have some signed books, my unsigned CGC books have lost some of their luster. Looks like I’m about to turn into an autograph whore. Now I just need to figure out how to get CGC to certify my comics and the autograph while I’m in San Diego…

No comments: