Monday, August 21, 2006

Cold Turkey: Day Twenty-One

Twenty-one days into my experiment and I’m finally seeing something I might be interested in enough to test my resolve on this whole cold turkey thing. And honestly, I don’t even see that happening.

On Tuesday, Hunters of Dune hits the stands. It’s part one of the final chapter of the Dune saga, which alone wouldn’t be enough to pique my interest (especially since it'll be on the bargain table in no time). Sure, I want to buy a pristine copy of the book so I can not read it just like the other Dune prequel books, but what makes this one somewhat special is that there are 10,000 signed and numbered copies randomly sent out to book stores.

I don’t know what to expect. Can I wait another 10 days before I head to Borders and Barnes & Noble to hunt for my autographed copy? Or will there be other freaks out there making that mad rush the hour the book hits the stands? I might have to go to the bookstores tomorrow just to get a lay of the land. If they are readily available, I have time. If I find one in five stores I visit, then I might need to break my collectible fast and move on with my life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, this is a 63-day project? I thought it was a 1-monther? One-third of one month is 10-or-so days. 21 days into a 1-month project would be just over two-thirds. or, if it's a 4-week project, you're 3 weeks in (21 days), and so three-fourths done. Where's this "third" come from. That's what I want to know. You owe your loyal readers an apology if you've made a mistake. How are we supposed to keep track of this project without accurate math?

Anonymous said...

(just kidding)

James said...

HAhaha. Oooops. I've never been too good with math, apparently. Or sciene. And I've never really been good with women either. Maybe that's why I'm a collector. Hmmmm, it's all coming together.

James said...

Edited out the math.