Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Cold Turkey: Day Eight

The mass liquidation is on.

I just got done selling 32 comics: 12 issues of 52, all 7 issues of Infinite Crisis, plus the Countdown issue, and the 12 most recent issues of Ultimate Spider-Man. I made next to nothing, which kinda sucks, but right now all that matters is the room I’ll be affording myself.

Batman, Detective Comics, Captain America….they all must go. At the end of next month, the only moderns I want to have in my possession are those with a cover done by Cho or Hughes. Everything else is gone.

How’s that for cold turkey?


Aside from actually wanting to get rid of comics, another odd thing happened today. I got a copy of the graphic novel, Closer, by Antony Johnston and Mike Norton. It was pretty much beat to hell. You name it, holes, dings, scratches, dents…this copy had ‘em all.

No, no, that’s not the odd part. The oddness comes in to play when I realized, just now, that I don’t even care. It didn’t phase me when I opened the package, and it’s not phasing me now, hours later.

Who the hell am I?

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey, let me know what Batman and Detective Comics you are selling. I'm currently looking to start buying back issues on those two books.

James said...

Chris, off the top of my head I have Batman issues 620 to current. I have the same span for Detective, but I'm not sure what the issue numbers are.