Sunday, April 02, 2006

The March Book Tally

Looks like the book collecting trend continued in March. First edition hard covers every where. If I keep up at this pace, I’ll never be able to read the books I own. The interesting thing is that not a single book on my list is or ever will be considered collectible. They aren’t hard to find and they probably aren’t particularly well known or sought after. So why the rush to buy them now? And why bother with the extra cash to get them in hard cover? I have no idea. But if you’re a psychologist, be sure to let me know your thoughts.

Books Purchased in March
1. Star Wars: Republic Commando: Triple Zero by Karen Traviss (1st ed paperback)
2. The Grass for His Pilow: Tales of the Otori Book 2 by Lian Hearn (1st ed)
3. Bully of Bentonville by Anthony Bianco (1st ed)
4. The Program by Greg Hurwitz (1st ed)
5. Lazy Bones by Mark Billingham (1st ed)
6. Titan by Ben Bova (1st ed)
7. The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult (1st ed)
8. Men of Tomorrow: Geeks, Gangsters, and the Birth of the Comic Book by Gerard Jones (1st ed)

Books Read in March
1. The Wal-Mart Effect by Charles Fishman (1st ed)
2. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (paperback)
3. Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs (paperback)

If it weren’t for a few trips out of town, I’m wondering if I would’ve read any books at all this month. But at least I have a healthy stock of books I haven’t read, just in case I get stranded and have the time to read a book each day.

No comments: