Friday, April 28, 2006

The 300 Club

I just sent someone $300. No, it wasn’t a car payment. And no, it wasn’t money due for home improvements. Instead, I managed to send a fellow collector $300 for a couple of comic books. (And by a couple I do indeed mean a couple, not several or a few, but a couple as in two.)

That’s one hell of a scary proposition. It might be small potatoes for other hardcore collectors, but for me, well, let’s just say I’m feeling a tad nervous. I’ve never spent that kind of dough on any collectible; I hope I don’t have buyer’s remorse when I finally get them in the mail. But that’s a worry for another time. For now, I’m trying to focus on the good things like basking in the excitement of owning two great comics in immaculate condition.

I mean, just look at that Amazing Spider-Man 194. Isn’t she beautiful?

No comments: