Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Red Sonja Redux

A funny thing happened to me at the comic shop this afternoon. I was there to pick up the latest Previews catalog and the new Supergirl (no, that’s not the funny part). As I was scanning the titles on the shelf, guess what I saw? Yep, last week’s Red Sonja #6 in all of its orange glory. It was nothing more than instinct that drove me to pick up the stack of books, scrutinize each copy, and select the best one.

When I put down those that didn’t make the grade, I realized I was about to put myself through the exact same thing I went through on Sunday. With only the slightest hesitation, I put that NM copy with the others. And as I paid for my two books, I didn’t even give it a second thought. (Well, okay, maybe I did second guess myself, but at least I didn’t act on those thoughts.)

Funny, huh?

No comments: