Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Why Oh Y do You Taunt Me So?

I was able to say no to the Ex Machina oversize hardcover that collects books I already own. I was able to say no to the Gotham Central oversize hardcover that collects books I already own. But DC has bested me. I simply don't see how I'm going to withstand knowing that there's a Y: The Last Man oversize hardcover that doesn't grace my shelf. I just couldn't take it.

I'm excited about my decision to buy this one. No second guessing this one. I'll enjoy the book many times I'm sure because it's the best series I've ever read. But I have opened the door to double dipping, and what's good for the goose is good for this gander, so I'm afraid it's only a matter of time before I start wondering if an upgraded version of Ex and Gotham wouldn't be welcome after all.

No comments: