Monday, May 19, 2008

Mmmmm, Covers...

I've been known to buy comics solely for the covers. These books are never to be opened, just enjoyed behind a clean, shiny mylite2. Here's one I have my eye on today. I don't even know who the character is, but I'm considering adding it to my next order. It's the cover to New Exiles #9 ready to ship in August. Alexander Garner's colors are vibrant and enticing. I suppose the woman's face is a little too manaquin, but those colors...those beautiful, beautiful colors...

I also considered briefly the new Secret Invasion: X-Men #1, but then I realized that there were other characters on the cover other than Emma Frost. Once I spotted those other characters, I realized just how stupid the cover is and I crossed it from my list. Still, Emma's looking better than ever...

Of course, this is all fantasy. I won't buy either. Once you slap the title's logo on either of the books, they lose their luster. Besides, I have a house to buy.

No comments: